HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I finally bought one Pictures added
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Default I finally bought one Pictures added

I finally bought an ATV, a used 2008 model Kawasaki 4x4. Last year I had to drag my deer up out of a ravine where for some reason it decided it was going to die after I shot it. It swapped ends, ran down to the bottom a steep ravine that is close to my stand and died in the creek. Had I been alone, I may not have gotten the thing out of the ravine. I got it half way up and had to call my grandson out of out stand to help me. It is the second year in a row my deer decided it had to die at the bottom of a ravine. I decided I am done dragging deer. I bought an ATV, had a winch installed and the next deer that dies in the ravine will be removed with the winch instead of me power. I never thought it would come to this, I can't even count all the deer I have drug out of nasty places, no more, time has a way of changing minds. Tomorrow I will go look at the trailer I think I will buy to haul the thing. I may even use it to plant birds on my club's regulated hunting grounds, those hills are getting steeper as well. You can't imagine, how I hate to modernize.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 04-01-2017 at 11:39 AM.