HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Hunting Rifle
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 10:12 AM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

If you want a rifle that is not only accurate out of the box, but you'll also fall in love with, and advanced design, I can totally recommend the Browning A-Bolt 2 or X-Bolt model lines. I personally have A-Bolt and A-Bolt 2, and have built several full custom rifles, including my own, on A-Bolt 2 actions. 3 locking lug, tang safety where it lies naturally under your thumb to flick off while raising rifle instead of having to release grip to manipulate right side safety, A-Bolt has concealed detachable mag that you won't lose, load mag or swap mags, the mags have X spring instead of usual W spring so more reliable, BIG extractor that grabs about 1/4 of the case instead of a tiny stamped steel extractor, accuracy of any of my (or others) rifles that still have factory barrels is easily under 1" for 5 shots, and with a pet load may get under 1/2". My usual for both 30-06 and 284 is about 5/8" for 5 shots at 200 yards. I could keep going but would bore everybody. Budsgunshop did have the A-Bolt 2 Composite Stalkers for 503$.