HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - You have to start somewhere....
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 AM
BarnesAddict
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Considering the 300 yard event and sabot only requirement. You have to wonder why when very few true production rifles will compete well under those conditions.............
I'll just say that's flat out wrong! Who are you trying to convince? Any quality shooter will get moa at 300yds with a shrink wrapped rifle, and a great shooter will get less. I've personally witnessed, and records prove it, that shooters are knocking down steel pigs with CVA Optima rifles, and the original Remington 700ml rifles, at 300 meters using Swiss 2f and sabots.
The real issue is that most don't know how to shoot at that range, nor have most ever tried. No one is teaching new shooters the capabilities modern inline rifles actually have, or how to shoot them accurately. Instead, they're being told what they should or shouldn't do, what bullet and sabot shoots best from someone else's rifle, and how to install a vent liner. Or some well meaning shooter tells them that most all game shots are at 100yds or less, so there's no need to practice/shoot at longer ranges, and install an "O" ring......
Then when something does come up, where shooters could enter or just go watch and learn, someone has to come along and criticize a new first time event, that after the event is completed, changes will be made. Reminds me of the liberals that need a "special room", with pillows and blankets to go cry. Hillary supporters.
How about coming up with something positive to share?