HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for Oklahoma/Texas Hog hunting
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 09:22 AM
Clownpuncher
Spike

Originally Posted by jakhammer125
We have a million hogs on public land in Oklahoma. I will never understand why anyone would pay for a hog hunt. Buy a small game lic otc and pick a wma! kill as many as you want instead of being limited to one or two.
Jakhammer, the only problem that I have with that is I have no idea where to start! I feel the same way about elk and mule deer. We have over 500,000 elk and just as many mule deer. You can get an over the counter tag for elk and pick a unit and find one. However, being from out of state makes it hard because you don't know public from private, accessibility, etc. I'd love to come back to OK for a public hunt. If you could point me in a direction that has some good pig hunting, closer to Colorado the better, man I would be forever greatful. I still would like to join blessed to hunt but to be honest, I don't think i could ever have enough pig in the freezer. The ones that I got from OK on a guided hunt last year were the greatest things ever!!!