HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement
Old 03-14-2017, 04:31 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by onebigelk
I appreciate the help Super hunt54, I think the Timney would probably work for me. It doesn't have to be the best just good, reliable and safe. Do you have any suggestions on where to purchase it? If I remember right, Midway USA had them for $149. Are there different models of the Timney? guess I could just call them and see what they say. do they come with instructions or should it be done by a gunsmith? Thanks again.
The Timney #510 is a very good trigger. It is made in the USA and it will probably take a non-gunsmith about twenty minutes to install. It comes in two different trigger widths. Some like the narrow trigger for a hunting rifle but I like the wider version.

I have seen no verifiable information about the supposed defect in the Walker trigger but often will replace the Remington trigger with an aftermarket trigger simply to get a unit that is easy to adjust fairly quickly and still gives a crisp feel.