HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement
Old 03-12-2017, 07:31 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by onebigelk
Over 2 years since this thread was last commented on.. I don't know if that's a record but seems long for an important issue as this. This is the first day in a while that I've been on here, but I was doing a search on "Remington model 700 trigger". I did this because I was going to give aforementioned ADL 30-06 rifle to my son (31 years old) but was wanting to research replacement triggers to replace the factory trigger. I love the rifle. It is still in excellent condition and with it I have harvested many animals, including many whitetails, Elk, Mule deer, etc. But it has fired unexpectedly 3 times over the years. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until a few years ago when it fired on me when I slipped the safety off. I was shocked and surprised when it went off, because I didn't think my finger was anywhere near the trigger. I thought back a few years when my son was taking the safety off outside of my truck when it went off. I yelled at him and accused him of having his finger on the trigger. He of course denied it. The first time I think it happened is when it happened to my brother. My brother bought it new back in the 70's. It went off on him while him and I and some friends were deer hunting. It scared him so bad he sold it to me and never hunted again (any animal ever again) Sad! But right now my search is just to find a good, safe, reliable trigger to replace the factory one with. Is their a consensus on one. It doesn't have to be the best one out there just a good one.
Best choice, for me anyway, is a Jewel, I think the HVR,. It has a ton of variability in both weight and travel adjustment but it's pretty salty price wise. My second choice would be a Timney. Really simple drop in, good variability on the pull weight, and most of all SAFE! Around $100 cheaper than the Jewel.