HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Age, Genetics and Antler Restrictions
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

If you were reading posts from the time period of when antler restrictions and herd reduction was put into effect, I can tell you what the posts would be, they would be gloom and doom and moaning that it is the end of deer hunting in PA, the herd is decimated and all sorts of other assorted nonsense. So far as the hunters in the 70s, they were the ones who fought against taking more doe when our deer herd was severely over populated. They fought the PGC at every turn in the road when they tried to get the herd under control for the health of the herd and the habitat. Once the deer numbers were reduced to a point where you could notice it they really came unglued, they couldn't go sit on the same tree stump they had been sitting on for decades and kill a deer quickly anymore. It got to the point where the deer biologist and his wife wore body armor when they were out of the house due to the threats against their lives. I don't have to guess what the posts would be, I was there and it was a sad sorry commentary on hunters.