HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I went and got myself another turkey call...
Old 03-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Default I went and got myself another turkey call...

I went and purchased another barkbone call from a guy that donated 2 calls for a benefit supper they had for me as I was down on my luck and getting ready to battle cancer. 1 of those calls was for the auction and 1 of them was for me to keep with me at all times for good measure and healing thoughts he had stated. Well on my 1st year of being diagnosed as cancer free I figured what the heck and contacted him for a new call. Now this guy has been out of work for quite sometime struggling to make ends meet. I think that was the least I could do was to buy one of his calls. I asked him to write my 1 year anniversary date on it which he gladly did. What an improvement over his first barkbones this one is! In fact around the time I purchased his call received a gift of free tickets to fly down from Maine to Tennessee for the National Wild Turkey Federations Banquet. He entered his calls into the banquet and even surprised himself with tying up the first place slot. He lost the first place mark by a coin toss.. Now that is awesome for a fellow Mainer to have done period.. Now his barkbones will be getting sold in different shops.. Yessah Mistah he has made a great name for his calls now.. Anyway I am not nearly as good but have been practicing a lot with them.. He even went to grinding down the bones somewhat so they all sound more like hen bones.. Here is a picture of the 2 calls I have now..