HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Range report - new table, new rest, & 221 Fireball
Old 02-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Nah, amigo - I wasn't gonna say "I told ya so...."

I was thinking more along the lines of: "you're welcome!"

Only tweaks left you could make to be "as close as possible to ideal," are bag riders in front and back. As you're noticing already, how you grip the pistol and how it recoils on the rear bag make a pretty big difference in your groups, so how we deal with that is to put a big flat, wide forend in the front and a big, flat, wide grip plate under the grip to make everything slide straight back. Then you don't play with down pressure or torque, you just get your grip in line with the pistol and catch it as it comes back. It makes the pistol a little wonky for field shooting though, so if your field set up doesn't suit riders, then you're as close as you can get to ideal.

Now that your testing platform is ironed out, what's your field set up? What are you taking in the hunting field to help transfer that tiny little bench group onto a bucks shoulder?

Good on ya for being a young guy willing to listen and learn though. Good shooting.