HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Going to ask this in both places
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 06:46 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Have to disagree on that sh54. I might be Yankee born and bred but I love grits! My Mom lived in North Carolina for about 10 years when she was a young woman. Fortunately for me, she had a love for Southern cooking and brought it home with her. I eat grits, collards, blackeye peas, pinto beans and hocks and cornbread is always best when baked in a cast iron skillet that's got a little melted bacon grease in it before you pour in the mix!!

BPS
Hillbilly bred born and raised. Don't really like Black Eyed Peas either. They have an acrid taste I just don't care for. Can't stand Hominy either YUCK! But slap me a slab of ham on a plate with some cat head butter milk biscuits slathered in butter or gravy and you will see the boy come out in this old man Or my corn bread (and yep cast is the ONLY way to go there) with some pinto beans and collard greens is pure heaven! Though the wife would probably disagree with that after about an hour Old man always said I had some sort of "uppity" tasters (in other words a sophisticated palate) but he was also someone that took his T-Bone,,,wait for it,,,,WELL DONE!!!! Tried for years to educate the man letting him know he was flat out ruining a fine cut of beef! All my brothers were the same way..Took me forever to get them to try a dang steak mid rare...Once they did though it was like a light lit up in their eyes. Tasting how a cut of beef is SUPPOSED to taste. Let alone not having the same texture as boot leather!