HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The .45 GM/Renegade - Big Lead/Five Shots/150 Yards
Old 02-21-2017, 06:54 AM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Default The .45 GM/Renegade - Big Lead/Five Shots/150 Yards

After a lengthy range session with the H&A Minuteman on Saturday, my thoughts on Sunday morning were for another long session, but this time with Ed Mehlig's big 465 grain bullets in the .45 Renegade.

I knew the last time I shot that gun I had it sighted in for 150 yards with those bullets. So after hauling the gun and gear out to the shooting bench, I put a target on the 150 yard frame and took a shot.

OUCH!!! I'm not in the least recoil shy. And though that load in the Renegade does have some stout recoil it has never bothered me before. But as it turns out, that long session on Saturday left my shoulder a little tender.

It was at once pretty clear there would be no long session today. I toughed it out for five shots and was quite happy to quit after the fifth one. I wish I had packed along some light recoiling .40/200 grain XTP's so I could continue shooting, but they were back home. So it was five shots, then clean the gun and head home.

Here's the target.

Last edited by Semisane; 02-22-2017 at 05:20 PM.