HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - restocked a white g-series
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 03:44 AM
muzzlestuffer
Nontypical Buck

Default restocked a white g-series

well i got a bug up my ... yesterday and after 5 hours at the bench i restocked my first g-series to a old knight mk-85 stock i couldn't be happier with the results the only thing left to do is take out some wood for the ram rod channel i'll do that with a router everything else was done by hand with files and a dremel tool. i will probably have it dipped when finished because the wood had a few scratches on the top where the priming tool hit the wood and the ferel for the action screw had to be relocated so i'll fill the old one in with epoxy. i also had to install a white trigger guard as the knight one was too small due to the fact i had to move the action back in the stock to line up the safety on the existing cut out. also i have to glass bed it and do a final finish on the areas where i cut and filed for the cocking lever and the lyman peep sight.I forgot to mention the original stock was cracked but I repaired it. the old knight stocks were really nice and I like the extra styling touches on them.

Last edited by muzzlestuffer; 05-05-2017 at 07:09 PM.