HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funny stuff seen/heard on hunting shows
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 03:26 AM
olsaltydog
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bpd1982
Is living in a region of the country an acceptable reason to butcher the English language?

What gets me is a guy shooting a 300 magnum saying wait until he turns broadside on a 50 yard shot over a pile of bait or the tv rule that they can not shoot an animal unless it is standing.
By which English language do you refer to being butchered? Ours in America, or theirs in England? Would it astound you to know there has been varying degrees of a particular dialect throughout every culture in the world. Take China, they have 8 major languages with many different minor languages, yet to us in all our glory, we merely call it all Chinese without thought or acknowledgement that there is a difference to those who speak it. The dictionary finally recognizes "ain't" as a word, why then, it was also once considered a butcher of the English language, yet broadly utilized and accepted as most English speaking Americans. Language evolves, new words will be created, and the world will continue to turn, try not to take it so hard that people and geographical areas are different.

I see no issue with what you described above, sounds like the hunter is taking the most efficient shot possible, and attempting to mitigate shows that display less than ideal shot placement. On the other hand, I have seen plenty of shows that have shot deer while moving.