HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question for Oklahoma/Texas Hog hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 01:37 PM
blessed n born to hunt
Fork Horn

The problem with that is when its that cold deer seasons going on, thats not a problem. I would consider thanksgiving weekend , hogs and does on public land thats usually buck only ?I kill a dozen a year but not usually a problem when hunting. Me and my son do find em when bird hunting in September. Don't know when your free but hunting pressure makes them more nocturnal but in oct, and November I took one at 8:45 and one about 10:30 am , and saw the same group about the same time 3 or 4 times.I want to hunt them sooner but hogs don't have sweat glands and will go to water in the day this summer they'll have to. Lots of ponds find one in the shade and wait, also use the moon so make sure if he don't get one we can hunt em at night . I will have surgery again April 3 and will be forced not to work for 3 weeks- but will recover or die outdoors with my boots on. I do own snake boots but usually wear rubber boots , I wouldn't worry. Look up Lbj grasslands ,black creek lake , tadra point if you can , depending on when you come I would like to go to Olney but im hoping to hunt the hogs were I've been and some new units . Can't wait to show you what im talking about. Pm me your number so I can send you some pictures please ,-thanks