HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Patch question
Thread: Patch question
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 06:37 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cayugad
"Your are man Cayugad..I still use your grinding oil mix for patch lube...50 yds with peep sight 6 o,clock hold i touch the balls not bad for peep and open sights ..

those.50 reading glasses in amber are just super I can now see my sights and use my pistol too......"

4 ounces NAPA Auto Parts #765-1526 Soluble Cutting & Grinding Oil
1 ounce Murphy's Oil Soap
7 ounces 91% Isopropyl alcohol
16 ounces tap water

Before I went to the Castor Oil I mixed and shot a lot of the Grinding Oil Moose Milk. And like you, it worked really good. Never had a complaint. In fact I still have a bottle of the NAPA Grinding Oil around the house. I was thinking of experimenting on making a more solid conical lube out of it and see how it works.

That mention of the 50/50 reading glasses .... that is a great idea. After the cataract eye surgery the front sight is a little blurry. That might solve the whole problem. thanks!!

You should have seen me sneaking in back door of eye doctor with muzz...It seems that .50/.75 is best anything larger your target will start to blur at 50 yards..

You should see me now with my browning buckmark pistol at 25 yards I am deadly with .50 power amber glasses on ...Kids say SPROUL IS MAN...

IF you have prescription glasses you can take 1 eye shooting eye and put a .50 power on top...

You cannot buy .50 or .75 glasses locally they have to be ordered on line.mine were 11 bucks tyd like shooting glasses big lense in AMBER ..