HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A SAP Story
Thread: A SAP Story
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 08:24 AM
Valentine
Nontypical Buck

Default A SAP Story

Watched one of these modern short movies. It was I thought a story on the gathering of sap in the making of New England maple syrup. No, it was something old for me; sitting in a tree stand for hours, watching nothing for hours and waiting for a deer to appear.

It was a film on the dropping of sap into a glass jar for nearly an hour. Drip, drop. Watching sap drip for a hour from the tree into the jar. It reminded me a sitting in a tree stand. Watching the smallness of boredom. Waiting for a deer, while hardly moving at all.
After about five minutes, it became a contest of hardly moving - in a tree stand. I'll have to use the movie for tree stand sitting practice.
Sitting quietly in a tree stand, hardly moving, waiting, looking at nothing of consequence.

Oh, I passed the test. The one I made up of not by hardly moving while sitting in a tree stand. It was a rewarding hour. Knowing how difficult it is for some and me to remain quiet while sitting in a tree stand, waiting for a deer.

drip, drip, the slow movement of sap into a glass jar. Me practicing waiting for a deer.