HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tul ammo
Thread: Tul ammo
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:15 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I'm assuming you mean with the weapon that you carry. In which case, I agree. I practice with my duty weapon.

If you mean practice with the ammo I carry... It would cost me around $700/1000 rds to practice with what I carry. That's just unrealistic. At least in my opinion. Practice is about drawing, and getting rounds on target in realistic situations, environments, positions, angles, etc. It's about shooting under stress, and learning how to use the weapon in various situations that you end up in. I don't think I need to shoot rds that cost .70 cents a shot to replicate these situations.... I've ran several boxes of my duty ammo just to be sure that it functions properly and shoots well in the gun, but I can't possibly afford to practice with the stuff.

Standard bulk type ammo works just fine. I was just concerned with putting unnecessary wear on my pistol by shooting high volume of what I've heard is junk ammo. And ya'll confirmed what I've heard. I'll be ordering something other than tulammo

-Jake
Yes Jake I meant the firearm BUT you can get bulk ammo that is probably similar to load and bullet grain to what you carry. Hence why I suggested that American Eagle (Made by Federal). And you really do want to practice with at least a similar load to where your weapon hits at relatively the same point. There is a TON of muscle memory going on in handgun shooting. How you practice will definitely come out in a stress situation as to how you hit! People seem to forget that little tidbit.