HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need advise guys
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:06 AM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

I used to call them in, and compared to coyotes they seem to take more time to cautiously come in, and a lot of the times you won't see them until the last minute or not at all. I do remember 1 time in Az desert YEARS ago me and a buddy was calling yotes in & I have no idea where it came from, how long it had been there, or what was on it's agenda but we had our backs leaned up against a sizable scrub and all of a sudden a cat cut loose-sounding like it was about 5.3 inches away from our heads! Talking about startled!!!! The truck was about 200 yards away and I set 27 world records getting there & when I got to the truck that fat SOB with me had already broken the key off in the ignition! I've found to call cats in better it's best to call a couple minutes, take a break, call again, all the while lowering the volume of our mouth blown calls, and trying to watch 360 degrees because they never show where you expect them to. Good camo, movement/noise discipline, & scent control is a MUST!