HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Re-centering a scope?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 04:59 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Well, you have already diagnosed your problem with being out of adjustment range. Bad rings. I am assuming you are using the same base and since the scope worked fine on the other rifle, then the only factor that is left is the new rings.

I can't find any data regarding how much adjustment there is with that particular scope.

I can tell you this though, crappy glass is just that! And I don't think I have ever seen a "good" Tasco scope. Granted that may be all some can afford and they have to deal with it, but in all reality, one can save a little longer and get a MUCH better scope than any Tasco ever made. Good glass is just as important as a good rifle! Unless you are shooting open sites, a good rifle will shoot crappy with crappy glass. And there are several makers out there nowadays with good quality glass at an affordable price. Even Leupold has some quality glass that wont break a budget. I even found out here of late that Zeiss has a scope line, Terra, that's very affordable but I haven't had the chance to look through any of them yet. But I highly doubt Zeiss would put their name to anything less than extreme quality.