HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Shoot of 2017 & a New Rifle
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 04:46 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
You gonna lap it too? JB does a fairly good job for the most part, but if the damage at the crown was any indication of the rest of the bore, I'd lap that puppy in a heartbeat. Good job on the crown. Looks nice and even.

Do not know about lapping yet - It really is not that bad down the bore but I do want to shoot it more and see what the results might be.

I have some brass sabotless bullets that I can add some lapping compound to and shoot. I think they will do a great job lapping the bore.

The other thing, actually two things about this bore that I really like is the a Sierra .4515 x 300 grain bullet will drop right down the bore... and the second important fact to me is the barrel really feels consistent size top to bottom.

This is the bullet I would use to fire lap

Even this a bullet a .452x265 gr. could possibly be pushed down. Have not tried it yet but when you set it in the crown either bottom first or top first it drops right the knurling line around the bullet. Wouldn't that be a heck of a bullet shot from a 45 fast twist.