HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Barnes T-EZ
Thread: Barnes T-EZ
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Its called penciling, I believe what happens some times with Barnes is that the hollow point fills with hide and hair and the bullet refuse to open, they also can have problems opening at long range because it takes more velocity than other bullets to open.
You might take a good close look at the Lehigh made bullets especially the Bloodline !
I don't remember exactly which bullets they were, but when Ron was doing his water jug tests, he was using plywood covered with a commercial carpet as an initial impact medium. What I do remember is that there were a couple of bullets that, while penetrating extremely well, failed to open. When recovered, the hollow points were filled with carpet material. I'm almost certain they were the Barnes bullets but not certain if they were the T-EZ or the Expander though.

As far as the Lehigh and Bloodline (made for Knight by Lehigh) bullets go, I have personal experience as well as the few deer my Daughter has downed with them. Flawless terminal performance on the 3 Doe and Big ole bruiser buck I got this year with the 220gr .458 Lehighs. Flawless performance on the 2 Doe and huge bodied Buck the daughter got at over 200 yards (same bullet) this year with her Tc Impact and last year an outstanding old Buck with a 220gr Bloodline out of my little ole Hawken. The only deer to take a step for her out of all 4 was the one that she nailed at over 200. And it only went around 50 feet or so. Was doing the dirty nose shuffle about the whole way.