HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antler Point Restictions in Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:27 AM
243shooter
Spike

Default Antler Point Restictions in Wisconsin

New here. I posted about this on another forum (gbo), but seems to be kinda dead over there compared to what it was a few years ago. Anyhow, would like to know what other hunters think about this. If you have it in your state and how its working out, or if you would like to see it in Wisconsin. I wouldn't be opposed, my group and I have been letting the little yearlings (spikes, forks, and sixes) go for quite a few years now. I don't really have a problem with anyone shooting a legal buck, but of coarse wouldn't mind seeing more/bigger bucks myself. To me, if you're looking for some venison, you may as well shoot a doe and let that fork turn into an eight next year. I'm not really a "trophy" hunter (if I held out for a "trophy" I'd never shoot anything), I'm happy with a 2 1/2 year old eight pointer, but I think APR would improve the chances of seeing 3 1/2 or older bucks. Enough of my rambling, what do you guys think?