HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This is how we raise them in Lancaster Co PA
Old 12-25-2016, 04:51 AM
kidoggy
Banned

Originally Posted by C. Davis
I thought I was trying to decipher the tax code looking for it in the PA hunting regulations.
I think there are some grey areas. It was found in the woods. It was partially decomposed. You can only assume it was hit by a car. It was not found near the road. My reading of the PA hunting regulations only refers to road kill the best I could tell. I think the hunter probably thought he was being ethical by tagging it. I wouldn't have wasted my tag on it. Especially if it was my only one.
I don't know what a fine would have been, but they did just give him a warning.

I guess the same rules would apply if he stumbled on it in the spring when it was nothing but a sun bleached skeleton.

I'm thinking if it was that important for PA, or Lancaster County to have it, they would not let it go for $120, or $10 a point.
I also think not many people would pay $120 for the head of a dead carcass they didn't shoot. I sure wouldn't.
In the end, it was just a waste.

C. Davis
I would ,if it was big enough. I would then clean it up and either euro or shoulder mount it and sell it for 10 times what I paid.
it is still legal to do that in idaho. we haven't got overrun by the unthinking, anti poacher,law passers yet. I put these folks in the same group that would outlaw ALL guns because some fool may go shoot up a school.