HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who belongs to a lease/Group owned property?
Old 12-24-2016, 02:31 PM
ModernPrimitive
Typical Buck

Private land seems to be going this way everywhere; it's one reason I am getting burned out on hunting whitetails.
But there are payments other than monetary,i.e political.

Slowly, but surely, a farm I've hunted for almost 20 years is becoming a good old boys club for LEOs.
If you're not a LEO, you ain't in The Club.
It's great for them and great for the landowner; small town politics...
Sharing is fine, and years ago there were 3 of us who hunted this property of 300 acres with zero problems.
Then one of the three became greedy and began bringing multiple people with him- literally,truck loads.
The latest years are a(n) (over)reaction to that.
Personally, I am not of the mindset to adopt a proprietary attitude toward a piece of land which does not have my name on the deed.
Fortunately, I have other places to hunt but this one had a special place in my heart.

One of the largest farms,locally, leases by the lot size and season-turkey,deer,etc- a 100 acre plot is $1,000/season for deer, $250/season for turkey/coyote, AFAIK.

Tried "leasing" a small parcel this year with a couple guys by providing brush-hogging and other property maintenance services; it was an HN1 threadworthy experience!
Never again.

Last edited by ModernPrimitive; 12-24-2016 at 02:35 PM.