HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who belongs to a lease/Group owned property?
Old 12-20-2016, 03:05 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I bought my own deer camp had a bunch of friends I invited to spend two weeks there with me. I am the last person alive of the group and last hunted there in 2007.

Just finished reading a E mail from a friend this morning. He is in SE Ohio, we had been talking about all the farms we coyote hunt on and have gotten permission from many to hunt other things over the last few years.

"Beef cattle guy behind us has an arrangement that sounds similar. Years ago, these young guys came and hunted coyote on his 100 acres and he gave them exclusive deer hunting rights in season. Fast forward a couple decades - 'his hunters' come whenever he reports coyote to them, but they also come help him in other situations. He's 80+ and they've become a good team, each contributing what they have and making the whole great. We always smile when we see 'a hunter's' truck across the way. We know he's being helped and they know they get 100 acres of plentiful deer."

I also under stand the leasing of hunting rights. Taxes keep rising, cost of equipment, maintain and repairing going up. Seed and fertilizer also. Leasing the hunting rights is another way to get the land to pay for it's self.

Al