HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bison Hunt?
Thread: Bison Hunt?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Nonsense, you should have believed what you were taught in school, it wasn't disease, it was the white man. They killed that many Buffalo that a whole new industry spring up, buffalo bones for fertilizer. There were huge piles of buffalo bones through out the area that there used to be Buffalo. They used to have train rides where the so called "sports sat on the train and shot the Bison as the train went by and left them lay. They killed them for just their tongues and left the rest of the meat lay, they killed them for their hides after buffalo robes became a popular item in the east. They also killed them because they were the plains Indians main food source. Make no mistake about it, it was the white man, not disease that for all intent and purpose wiped out the American Bison. You need to throw away that revised history book you got your information from. If you have ever hunted Bison you would quickly see they are not the brightest bulb in the box, they are pretty much stupid, the buffalo hunters would kill hundreds at one sitting by shooting around the outside of the herd. When a Bison goes down, it is common for the cows to rush to its aid. When I killed mine we had to chase the cows away three times when they came back and were trying to get the one I shot back on its feet. Don't think that doesn't create a pucker factor. Nope, there is only one entity at fault in the slaughter of the American Bison and it was the white man for fast money and politics.