HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Tufrthnails
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
i just got the creed myself put 2 boars down with it so far, this thing hits them like a hammer, im still shooting factory ammo, 129 gr interlocks, i recovered a bullet from the 200 lb boar i shot, it retained 83% weight and had a expanded diameter of .68
i have always read about the 6.5 bullet being a great penetrator and having great flight characteristics , this is the only bullet recovered of 9 animals killed this year with a creed. theres something about that 6.5 bullet.

heres the hog i recovered it from, i was testing the creed against our toughest animal in Texas, it made it through the shield through the shoulder bone through both sides of the ribs through the opposite shoulder and stuck in offside shield.

heres a vid of my first kill with it this year a 150lb boar same shot but further out at 150 yds, blew right threw him. both boars dropped in their tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yNDb8rBUgg
I'm shooting 140g SST handloads and they have put 5 deer down so far and only one wasn't a sack of tators dirt nap and that one was completely on my as it was a snap shot on a doe immediately after I dropped my buck which I didn't take the wind into acct and hit way forward smashing both front shoulders. A follow up shot quickly killed her. When I dressed her I was amazed at the penetration and damage to the off side shoulder socket. My buck was quartering to me and I squared his front side shoulder blowing it out at 266 yards. After that it destroyed the heart I found the round on the skin opposite side. I can't find where I put it. I thought I put it in my pack. I wanted to weigh it. It definitely didn't retain as much weight percentage wise as yours did, but SST's open pretty quick.

I'm not saying it's the new replacement for deer hunters everywhere. I'm just impressed with the 6.5 and the damage it can do in a short action case. I'm looking forward to working up some lighter rounds to see what I can do with it.