HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shotgun Loads and Chokes for Coyotes!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 04:12 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ryan9717
I want to get into coyote hunting.they are crazy around here.I live in Rushford mn.se corner of mn.I have a benelli nova 12 gauge.what size choke do you recommend and ammo would you recommend?I've searched around about this and I'm getting don't do it because the benelli has a smaller bore diameter.should I get different shotgun or rifle?I'm figuring I should be able to get them in within 50 yards,hopefully.
All of the above text from me is valid for the Benelli Supernova (and Nova) just as much as it is for any other over-bored or standard bore shotgun brand. You'll note, my array of chokes pictured above are Benelli (and compatible aftermarket). I hunted for many years with Remington and Winchester shotguns, but came to Benelli's about 10yrs ago and have rarely looked back.

My current coyote shotgun - Benelli Super Nova with Carlson's barrel.

50yards is a reach. #4buck, heavier than lead T and BB, and 00 buck are what I would recommend, and see the first post in this thread for choke diameter recommendations to go with each respective size.

If your Nova is a 3" chamber, not a 3 1/2" capable model, a long range Patternmaster is a great option to let you flex among many shot sizes.

PATTERN YOUR SHOTGUN

Last edited by Nomercy448; 07-08-2017 at 12:35 PM.