HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Unsafe hunting partner
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 07:51 AM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

Anybody can have an occasionally brain fart, but it sounds like his elevator isn't going all the way to the top.

IMO, two kinds of people who I won't hunt with. Alpha, take charge types, whose opinion of themselves far outweighs their actually knowledge.

And your basic incompetent. Who either refuses to listen or is incapable of understanding simple instructions.

If you get both in one individual, run as fast as you can, as far as you can.

I've guided a few doozies. Told one guy, shoot any Hog but the lead Sow, she is by far the biggest in the sounder. He shot her (I guess) and when I asked him about the shot I heard, he said it came from the neighbors lease. A couple of months later I was bush hogging and found her bones. She went down within fifty feet of this guys high seat. When I questioned him about it, he deflected and accused me of stealing his gloves, which kind of screamed guilty to me.

We don't shoot the lead Sow, she is what makes the sounder kind of predictable. We shoot the 1-2 year olds. We leave the young and mature sows alone, which is what harvesting really means.

He eventually gave up calling for another hunt.