HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 35 Whelen for Deer
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 09:53 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Jake, the 9.3x62 fac. ammo is available but not abundantly so. MOST of what you can find are solids for dangerous game. There are a couple like Hornady customs (SP) and and Nosler partitions and accubonds but the rest seem to be solids. As far as reloading, there isn't a very large selection of weights on the market. 250, 286, 300 grain seem to be the weight selections on most carriers with various makeups between spire point, round nose, solids (DG) being the most abundant. I've had a couple of those 9.3's quite a few years back. One built on a K98 action and the other was off a Mod.70 action. Both were pretty good shooters and I put a few Elk and Moose and one Musk Ox (dunno why they don't just call the "stink Ox" cuzz damn those critters reek!) down very easily with some Speers that I don't remember the loads. Somewhere around 300gr though I think. One thing I liked was you would THINK that that particular cartridge would make a mule kick look like a hummingbird but in actuality they were not that bad at all. Both rifles weighed in around the 8.5-9# mark loaded and scoped.