HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunter/Guide/Outfitter Poaching Case!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2016, 11:38 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Rockport,I guess you really don't get what I said. I said the motivating factor in people who violate the game laws is usually because the animal is exceptional or because they want to prove they are a great hunter. I did not anywhere say that everyone who pursues exceptional animals are outlaws! I did say that hunting becoming a measuring contest instead of just recreation results in people violating the law. I did not say it results in everyone violating the law, you read that into what I said. I have enough experience in talking to violators to know what I have said is the truth. "The drive to kill the biggest and the best or simply to succeed and be known as a great hunter is the motivating factor in many if not most wildlife violations" The bolded words are the point of what I said and wrote. You are arguing with something I did not say nor mean. As an much older friend and mentor once said in my presence to someone, "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, however, I am not sure that what you heard, was what I meant.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-14-2016 at 12:02 PM.