HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MN hunters
Thread: MN hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 03:40 PM
BigDaddy12t
Giant Nontypical

That takes us to day 2. His son got the day off, so it was going to be the 3 of us. His son got his first deer 2 years ago using my muzzleloader. He was hooked. He went out and bought his own CVA Wolf last year. We got in our blinds about a half hour before shooting time. Wasn't long, and I see a buck walking straight down the fence line headed right to me. He came right to my blind, and walked right passed me. It was a few minutes before shooting light, so I let him go. I knew that the direction he was going, he was going to walk past Jacks stand. Jack is my buddies son. It wasn't more then a few minutes later, when BOOM!!!!! I sent him a text asking him if he got him. He replied I sure did!!! I was just as stoked as he was!!! What a great weekend. I stayed in my stand for another hour and a half, while him and his Dad gutted his deer. Then we headed to my house to butcher their deer for the rest of the day. We still have my tag, and 2 bonus tags left. Hope this weekend goes just as well as last.