HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Solids or Hollow Points for Squirrel?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 05:40 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Popped more than a few tree rats with my .220 Swifts loaded with 55gr VMax's smoking out an average of 3720fps. Head shot equals removal of head Body shot equals a fairly large greasy stain on the tree and a tail Ya want overkill, hit one with a .22-250 loaded with a 40gr VMAX flying at a cruising speed of around 4250 Those buggers will even skin the tail out for ya! Pink mist! Was out smacking ground hogs and this little bugger was irritating me! Bang, POOF, no more irritation

As to the OP, I've killed thousands of squirrels with both solids and HP's. Whatever my rifle liked to eat is what I went with. Stick either one in an ear hole and watch it drop.
I have some Swift loads that are past the 250 loads with a 40 BT. And it really doesn't matter what they "Interact" with, they REALLY don't like it!! Yeah, Swifts are fun to shoot and I have burned thousands of rounds as well out of the gaggle of them I have or have had. Nothing like a near maxxed out 50grn BT in the ribs and watch their eyes bulge or put 1 straight on in the chest and see it leave a "Trail" out behind it in the snow!!!! I'm with others here in the RL theory that if I wanted to shoot something in the 22Mag or 22LR velocity, I would!!!