HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OT - Project with my nephew
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 04:41 PM
MountainDevil54
Banned

Default OT - Project with my nephew

We're getting his 82 Bronco ready for winter since he doesnt want to drive his Challeger in the snow. Fuel treatment, a little stop leak ( needs front/rear main seals replaced ) and so afterward, we went to the car wash and blew all the mud and grease out from under it. Hes always wanted to paint it but not do the body work ( typical rusty 1/4s) and so I said, alright alright we can go look at the paint and do a test.

We looked at hunter green and tan combo. Sadly the cheaper paint was a much brighter green and then I saw it!

It was like searching for the perfect Christmas tree and having the light hit just that one!

Color combo ended up being gloss black and gloss Cat yellow! We got to his place and i took a few minutes and angles and said. No! We cant make the cat yellow be the main body color, way to much yellow.

5 rattle cans of black and 3 of cat, and she came out damn nice! We'll give it a couple weeks to cure and then buff it out. Nothing show quality, but a hell of a nice color combo and overall look. His mom and sister came over to look at it and they were blown away.

Not bad for $65 which included all the tape and buffing pads to prep the old paint with.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 09-23-2018 at 10:52 PM.