HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Solids or Hollow Points for Squirrel?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I have some early SK 22LR that came out and is Subsonic HP. If I remember story correct, it is/was made by Lapua. Cant find it hardly any more. That, RWS and Eley are my go to ammo for tree rat smakn. All area HP and Subsonic. I never shot the wolf ammo for I heard it didn't shoot very well from the few who told me they had shot them.
And 100% agree that Standard or Subsonic are far more accurate from what I have shot over the years in all my rifles for match and top shelf accuracy.
SK and Wolf are produced at the same factory using the same production lines. For some reason the Wolf Match Target 22 is impossible to find and SK+ is fairly common. It is not quite the level as Eley TenX but it shoots as well or better for me than Club.

I do not remember any ammo labeled as Subsonic that did not shoot well, including Remington and Winchester (both very difficult to find anymore).

CCI Standard Velocity and CCI Blaser shoot very well and are reasonably priced and commonly found to boot.

All of it works for squirrels.