HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting from a ground blind
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 12:20 PM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cal516
Thanks for the reply. And yeah I am hunting with a child and that is the reason for it. I have been reading up on them some and what I am wondering about is timing of set up. I only hunt public land and won't be leaving it in place. I will set it up and hunt it......I know that is not ideal but it is the best I have.
Just for safety reasons and maybe law in your state, you may have to place a hunter orange flag over your blind to alert others that you are there. Plus, I use bag lawn chairs to hunt out of my pop ups. Comfortable and content all day. Depending on the weather, you can take a small Mr. Heater and be real nice all day. Depending on your set up, I only leave the main window in front open and just crack the sides to cut down on the head weaving back and forth on the opposite side window. Also, practice setting it up a few times at your house till you can do it quickly and QUIETLY. If it has Velcro windows, try to open them prior. I also don't use the back door to get in and out. I use the front window and have it zipped all the way down before getting into it. Cuts down on noise.