HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To early for doe estrous scents?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 09:43 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Went out last night and took a fresh bottle of Doe-in-Heat. I used my drag rag and drooped it with in the last 75yds in a winter wheat field. The stand sits in a cul-de-sac setting of a field. I made a big loop up wind of the stand and finished up slightly upwind with the rag on a stick in the field. Was in stand after getting off duty at about 330ish. Heard a buck ever so slightly grunting down wind/ down in the timber. Nothing came in out in the field. About 515ish an older slickhead came out. Crossed my path and followed the trail straight to the rag and licked it off the branch in the field. I used it as a yardage marker. She left, came back, left again. Never seemed to spook of it. So l guess it is near the rut time is near at hand. I let her walk for we are short of does here and with not taking any deer last year at this property and only 1 buck the year before, it is showing that the does are reproducing well and still need a hand from what I have seen. Plus, where the girls are, the guys will follow!!!!!! Gun season in 2 weeks.