HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Loading slugs 12 & 20ga.
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 08:52 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

I 100% agree with all said above!!!!!! That and then you find these ones into self abuse who think that they have to shoot the 3" or 3-1/2" 12ga slugs to kill deer!!!! My A&*!!!!! Thats the end result of shooting too many of those eye crossers!!!! If it were not for work and we carry 12ga and slugs, I would not loose 1 ounce of sleep to having never fire another 12ga slug.
I sight guys slug guns here at home and I use a lead sled. They show up with their slug gun and a bucket of 3" slugs because their buddies 2nd cousins brother killed one at 2 miles with that kind of slug last year, it has to work great in their gun also!!! I charge them for it!!!
I will shot my Mossy Trophy Slugster 20ga with Federal Premium Barnes Expanders all day or even my buddies custom 20ga in 3-1/2" Hastings in a H&R 980 set up before shooting another 12ga out of any gun.
And yes, living here in Commynois, we are limited to shooting slug guns for our firearms deer season. I shoot my .460 Smith or .44 Mag Lone Eagle Single Shot pistols before taking a long gun. Just because the distances are short and I like the challenge. And the deer don't know the difference!!!!! And if for some freak chance that I may take a long gun, it will be my 50cal Knight In line with 225 Horn Flex-Tips in a Harvester Sabot atop 110grns of T7. DRT out to 250 without batting an eye.