HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Will PA ever change?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 02:15 PM
52bore
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
That's the way a lot of us want it. But it has evolved a bit from its original regs. Initially you could only use "buckhorn" style open sights, flintlock ignition and patched round ball .44 cal or larger.
Today you can use FO sights or peep sight and any projectile (still .44 cal or larger).
If you want to use your in-line you can use it during the early ML season (anterless only) or during the regular firearms season.
If it were my choice I would have allowed the changes in sights but kept the projectile limited to the PRB.
Flintlock only: I can remember those days when I grew up near the Mason-Dixon line. I actually wish more states would have a 'primitive' style (Flint or Perc) during the peak fall colors, even for just 1 weekend - seems the idea time for those who wish to go back in time.
From what's described above, it doesn't sound unreadable to me - there are plenty opportunities to use an in-line.
One has to wonder; if In-lines keep advancing more and more to CF capabilities (some already are) - will more states go back to flint & perc only?