HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alien buck with weird spots?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 04:19 PM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

Neoteny of different types is fairly common. Could be genetic, could be hormonal.

I've seen Bucks, with one testicle, have normal antlers on one side and deformed antlers or a mass that resembles a cauliflower on the other side.

I've seen Wild Boar with remnants of their squeaker markings, even splotches of their squeaker markings in adulthood.

I shot one really old (sick, had a bullet lodged in her jaw) Doe that was the oddest color I've ever seen, she was a dark Charcoal color, almost a pygmy and according to her teeth the oldest I'd ever seen at 14+ years.

One reason I harvest out Bucks that are still hanging around their mother into their second year. In breeding (recessives) can produce some odd results.

I've got one Doe hanging out on my lease now who is a uniformly red chestnut color, no splotching at all. Longer than normal legs, large overall, a really beautiful animal. She had no fawn this year. She insists on hanging out near the railroad tracks, I expect her to be hit sooner or later.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 10-19-2016 at 04:25 PM.