HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anatomy of a hunt
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 12:22 PM
edmehlig
Typical Buck

Chet, GREAT JOB !!!!! You made us DWB's Proud and I'm sure Doc would be grinning ear to ear. The expansion that you got with your bullet is typical of what I've gotten with game that I harvested with it. Regarding your body telling you No, No and NO!! I know exactly what you mean. I just came back from a hunt with my son in South Africa. Unfortunately I had to use my 280Rem and 150gr Barnes TSX bullets instead of my .451 M98 Super Safari. Reason being one can't obtain black powder in South Africa unless you have a special permit to buy it. I knew of a way that I may be able to sneak the powder and caps, but I didn't want to take a chance and spend my time there at the Gray Bar Hotel! GRIN Any way I harvested a Impala, Zebra and a Kudu. The Impala was shot at 206 yards and both the Zebra and Kudu was shot at 230yds. But the Kudu really tested my metal and my lungs were screaming. Plus being 66yrs old with Sarcardois on my lungs didn't help matters. After I walked to the base of the Mountain and looked up to where my Kudu was hiding, I had to make a 300yd plus walk up this steep mountain, to get within 200yds of him. I'm getting too old and out of shape to do that kind of walking these days.

But I'm glad you got your Elk with your White you made us DWB's PROUD!! Not to mention, I'm glad my bullet performed as well as I knew it would!

Ed