HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Clogged shotgun barrell
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 11:06 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

So far, I have agreed with all responses to this post in regards to how to remove the blockage and all and for why the weapons were not put up for this to happen without being under your direct supervision.
But what I feel that someone hasn't said so far is to take it to a gunsmith. For is he has 2 pencils jammed that hard, how did he/she get them that crammed in to the barrel in the first place with that much force?
Second, thank god they had the piece of mind to tell you and not get scared and just put it back and god only knows what the final outcome of that would have been!!! Wish you the best out of this. I personally would not drive them out the choke end of the barrel for the barrel will taper slightly making it harder to remove. Use a wooden dowel rod slightly smaller than the barrels diameter and drive them out from the choke end towards the chamber end.
Take the barrel off, spray some gun lubricant into the barrel to lube the contents slightly. Place dowel into barrel from choke end and slightly tap down onto the floor. Place a piece of heavy carpet or on a carpeted floor and it should dislodge shortly without damage.

Last edited by SecondChance; 10-16-2016 at 11:48 AM.