HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Gov't at work
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 01:53 PM
kidoggy
Banned

Originally Posted by flags
Never understood the whole govt mentality. I fully understand that they sometimes need to cull to keep populations in check but I can't for the life of me understand why they can't sell permits to the average hunter to do the trigger work. Why stick the taxpayers for something you could use to generate fees?

About 15 years ago my native CO wanted to thin the deer herd in the area around Ft Collins because of CWD. In that area was Lorry State Park. The DOW sold unlimited antlerless permits and they opened the park to hunting. You could submit the heads of any deer taken to be tested for CWD. I personally took 5 does off the state park and they all tested negative. Didn't cost the taxpayers any $$$ for "sharpshooters" and in less than 2 month they had the herd trimmed to the level they wanted it at. They could do the same type of thing here.

cause our government don't like hunters. get rid of hunters and you get rid of gun rights.

yep. government runs like the military. there's the military way and then there's the right way.