HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - FL Buck down
Thread: FL Buck down
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 01:56 AM
JGFLHunter
Typical Buck

Default FL Buck down

I have been passing on a does left and right since the season started because of all the buck pictures I've been getting. I knew it would pay off at some point and just needed to be patient. The rut was in full force the last week's in August and has been slowly declining now. I don't know why the season starts after the rut, but anyway. I sat last Saturday morning and saw a little yearling. Went to the same spot and I saw the same yearling at 7 o clock about 100 yards away. I was just looking and seeing what she was doing but she stayed the distance. About 10 minutes later this guy steps out 7 yards to my left and now my heart is really pounding. I just watched him and see what he did. He eventually saw the yearling and got a little interested. He finally turned broadside and looked back towards her. He took a few steps back and stopped. At this time he was quartering away, but was just looking. He was about 35 yards at this point. I took a deep breath and squeezed. I heard my bow and then I heard the smack of the broadhead and the buck dropped right there. This guy was a cool looking 7 point. He was severely beaten up this year. Missing browtine and G2 and looks like he was blind in the one eye. The kicker he has was pretty awesome, first buck I ever harvested with a kicker! None the less I start my season out with cool looking 7 point. Still have a couple nice looking bucks that are wall hangers around here that will be targeted. If anyone hunts in Florida what are some other tips or tricks that can be pulled off?
Attached Images