HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Knight/CVA range results with Lehigh 265grn Prototype
Old 10-03-2016, 05:58 AM
Grouse45
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
As you well know I don't like CVA as a company period. They are thieves and produce lower quality products in my opinion. BUT to be fair, MOST break open actions have to have head space set. Factory production for tolerances that tight is pretty expensive to get perfect "crush" for every rifle. Just the nature of the beast. Even with TC's you will have to do a little tinkering most times to get good crush and less blow back. Either with washers to set primers out a little or even just experimenting with different primers. Just the nature of break open actions.

Looks like that Big Mouth Bass looking bullet still flies pretty well though. I bet that sucker has a BIG "whistle" on the way to the target.
I switched to CCI Primers and they really made the MR dirty. The Winchester primers weren't to bad at all but still dirty. If your daughter gets tired of that impact let her know ill give her all her money back and pay to ship it to me.