HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moose hunting, using a scent diffuser looking for power source
Old 09-19-2016, 07:08 AM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

I was thinking pretty much the same as Super Hunt when you first brought up a covering scent for Moose. Grant you I'm not real experienced, only been on three Moose hunts.

The first one I saw a few Cows with younuns, they seemed shy and would move off at a good distance.

The Bull I shot was in a stand of fallen timber, looked like a wind blow, pick up sticks, trees laying every which direction. He didn't seem inclined to run, looked like he wanted to fight. I was thankful there were a bunch of logs between me and him.

The other two hunts were in Norway and Sweden, so many Moose around I worried more about walking up on one and getting trampled, than worrying about my scent. I almost ran over a few on the drive, they aren't much afraid of trucks either and seem prone to want to argue the right of way.

But heck if you are going someplace where they have been extensively hunted and are really people shy, it might be a good idea.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 09-19-2016 at 07:11 AM.