HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - loads for the .45 ACP
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Track you down some Herco for heavy pills Mercy. You will find it does quite well with the bigger boys. Better than Unique for my 260gr pills. At least out of my Colt anyway. That's the only .45auto I load up the big boys in. The others just don't like heavy pills.
I have most of an 8lb keg of Herco hanging around. I was happy shooting Unique under 230's when I got it, never did get it to shoot as well as Unique. Fast forward a handful of years, I tried some Power Pistol, it seems to give me as much speed as I want, and matches Unique for accuracy. Like I said, I really WANT Herco to shoot for me, just never have had it shoot as well as Unique or PP.

Originally Posted by bronko22000
How about CFE Pistol powder? I've seen that on the shelves and wondering if anyone has used it.
It's a lot slower than the AA2 you're used it, a lot slower than Unique of Power Pistol for that matter. It falls just below AutoComp on most tables, so slower than HS-6 and AA5. I've played a bit with both CFE Pistol and CFE 223, not sure I've seen the reduced fouling they promise, but then again, I guess I haven't ever complained much about fouling. Nothing wrong with it, lots of speed with heavies, but like Herco and 800-X, my Unique bar was set pretty high for accuracy.

Last edited by Nomercy448; 09-10-2016 at 06:07 PM.