HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Eye dominance madness
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 08:43 AM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I've talked to my eye doctor a bit about it over the years, and done a bit of research myself - there's nothing glasses/lenses can do to "fix" off-eye dominance.

Eye dominance, or lack thereof in our case, is not an eye problem - if you call it a problem - it's all in your brain.

The only way glasses can "fix" the issue of having the wrong eye running the show is to obscure one lens. I suppose a guy could put a lens in the off eye which didn't completely obscure it, but made that eye out-of-focus such the brain would switch to the other eye, but it's not a long term solution.

I'd rather blink or slightly squint to switch dominance rather than have my vision obscured or blurred in one eye.
I was thinking more like a 1X magnification in the strong side eye or actually a 2X magnification (or fraction) as any lens will magnify some. I used to wear those gradually stepped bi focal type glasses, my eye (brain) went automatically to the best picture. Been years since I've worn them, but I still find myself tilting my head up to see something better.

Just an idea, there is likely to be more than one solution. Trial and error will likely find the best solution. If the easiest doesn't work, move on to the more complex.