HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dead Ringer Broadheads
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kathwacckkk
Rock,
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I truly don't see the Thunderhead Razors test. Are you shooting the NAP HellRazor?

I'm actually in total agreement about what might happen with these Mechanicals. But I won't know until I try. No one else had the Forum even had a review on them or anything about penetration. Thought I would be the one to give them a try and report.
Just a misunderstanding I guess. You posted a link to an outdoor life test and the link didn't work so I found what I thought was the link you were trying to show here http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/ga...d-fixed-blade-

I never meant to be rude if that is how you took it.

I'm glad you are testing them. I just hope your test will show what I know is true and show you are giving up a lot of penetration with that kind of broadhead and not just the good things we also know is true (they will leave a hell of a hole)

Penetration is a very big deal that is far too over looked. If we just show the one dimension of this broadhead its going to be a world beater for sure.

Like I said here is what is going to happen.

Its going to leave a hell of a hole(it has 3 huge blades so that is obvious) but that cannot happen without side effects. It is not going to penetrate well at all (it has 3 huge blades so that is obvious)

This is what broadheads are all about......getting that combination correct.........I believe that has long been done in the range of 1" - 1.25" give or take depending on your setup and number of blades.

All these test that only show the big hole are only telling half the story and can be misleading leaving out the part that is MORE important IMO.

A 1" broadhead through the heart/lungs is 100% lethal...a 2" braodhead stuck in the shoulder is not.

This broadhead is better if it goes straight through the lungs no doubt about it.

What I will argue is that you give up something necessary(penetration) to gain something unnecessary(a bigger hole).