HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Family members disapproving of reloading?
Old 08-05-2016, 06:15 PM
TN Lone Wolf
Typical Buck

Back when I first expressed the desire to start handloading in high school and put reloading equipment on my Christmas list, my parents put a stop to it. My younger sister was especially vocal about it. Once I graduated and saved up a lot of money from graduation presents, I started planning on ordering a kit. Since I was and still am a college student living at home, I have to play by my parents' rules. Fortunately, my dad no longer cared, and my mom decided I could do whatever I wanted with my money as long as I was careful. But my sister, man she was pissed. She kept telling me I was certain to blow up my gun and asked me "What's more important to you: some better accuracy or your life?" Whenever I tried to explain the benefits and refute her statements, she got angry with me and didn't want to hear another word of it.

Of course, she has no authority over me, so I bought the kit against her protests. I have over 1000 rounds under my belt, and best of all, no blown up guns. She hasn't said another word against handloading.

I was just wondering if any of you have ever heard any similar ridiculous things about handloading from your family or relatives.